Friday, October 7, 2011

A is for Autumn

Here's an easy "A" project that we did this week.  I don't have any pictures of us doing it, since I decided to just enjoy the moment and not wield my camera.  It was kind of nice.

So, I guess we will go backwards by starting with Eli's final product.


We started this by project by painting the letter outlines with glue.  You can find the letter pages here.  The kids thought it was pretty crazy to PAINT with a PAINTBRUSH using GLUE.  Fun times.  We then took our papers outside, covered them with leaves, and finally shook the extra leaves off.  To finish, we thought of "A" words, with me making sure that "autumn" was one of the final words chosen.


And Abby's Art.  
She was much more meticulous than Eli, putting her leaves on one at a time.


We also did this with a picture of a tree.  As I have mentioned before, I can't draw, so I did a Google Image search using "tree outline" and found a nice leafless tree.  Oh the woes of the those limited to stick figure drawings.


 
All in all, this was a fun autumn art project.  
And...it was perfect for a boy, specifically MY boy, as it lasted about 60 seconds.  
Awesome.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment