Monday, February 14, 2011

Marble Painting

I first learned of marble painting when Eli did it at pre-school.  A quick Google search yielded directions and we gathered our supplies.  Simply put, you place a piece of paper inside something with sides (like a box), dip marbles in paint, put them on the paper, and roll them around.  How fun is that?  I don't have any pictures of this, since we did it before I became a "blogger" so here is a great tutorial complete with pictures.  Incidentally, we did not have any marbles so we used two bouncy balls.  Abby would have done this for hours if I would have let her.  She particularly loved it!

We used our marble paintings as the base of our Valentine cards.  When Abby saw me get out the paintings again she promptly said, "Paint.  Ball."  Marble painting clearly made an impression on her!

Incidentally, I have started saving all cardboard that we bring into our house.  I now cut apart all cereal boxes and other boxes too....makes a great canvas for quick art projects!  I used to just throw all of our boxes away.  It feels good to not do that anymore.

Some lucky family members received a partial recipe on the back of their Valentine.
These were CHEAP Valentine's.  We used recycled cardboard, cardstock and paint I had on hand, and wallet-sized pictures printed at Meijer.  Grand total:  less than $2.00 (not counting postage.)

Happy Valentine's Day! 

We are thankful today for this great love...
"For God so loved the world that He sent His only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish, but have everlasting life."  
John 3:16

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to get this in the mail! Can I combine 2 of your projects and marble roll some underwear? Happy V-Day sis...I love you!

    ReplyDelete