Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Girly-Girl Headband

Here's a fast, easy, and cheap headband...perfect accessory for an Easter dress.

Materials:
  • Fake flowers
  • Headband
  • Glue of some sort (I used a hot glue gun.)
  • Sequins, optional
My mom gave me some flowers she no longer wanted, I purchased 6 headbands for $1 at the Dollar Store, and grabbed some sequins from our craft supplies.  That's a CHEAP headband, people.

So, start by pulling some of the flowers off of the stems.  When I pulled mine off, I got this:

In the first picture you can see that the plastic center of the flower was quite long.  Since I wanted to glue them flat onto the headband, I took the plastic part out, as you see in the second picture.  I then needed the sequins to cover the holes in the center of the flowers.  If you had a nicer plastic center in the flower, you could just leave it in and snip the underside with scissors so that it is flat with the flower.
I did not cover the whole headband, but started gluing the flowers on at about eye-height.  Put a dab of glue on the headband and press the flower into it.  If using a sequin, put another dab of glue in the center of the flower and press the sequin in on top.  I spaced the flowers so that there were no, or just a tiny amount, of headband showing through.  Super easy.

Done.  Cute.


That is one adorable flower child.

1 comment:

  1. She is very adorable & does she actually keep headbands on? I've tried a couple times with Taylor, she leaves them on for about 30 seconds & then tries to wear them as a belt around her belly :).

    ReplyDelete